Friday, 18 November 2011

Many 1st's

Many firsts…..
If you can love your wife/girlfriend and think she is the most beautiful person every morning that's something fantastic. Whether it is an arrangement like on ‘Accidentally on Purpose’ or come we stay then that would mean consciously they are putting some effort to look nice but it’s not always the case. It's better than nothing though to put on an effort to look nice in bed or in public.
So if you can still do the same when you see you wife/girlfriend in a maternity ward, it’s a whole different situation. I can assure you; with the pain and labor no woman tries to look good. It just something just besides the point.
Those guys who gat the luxury to fly around destinations, Nairobi women suddenly have a craze to put on makeup, some even do on a flight or road trip that would take more than 10hour. Wouldn’t you rather invest your time being really comfortable will you are on transit. Makes sense to me. Then again you may meet your future significant half.
Dawn sorry, away from my digressing back to the point. I got to visit my sister and her baby 8hours after everything was done. This was my first time in a maternity ward, got lost by the way. I was the only male loving figure aside from the doctors to the little Ethan (I picked the name too, another first). New borns seem so fragile. I thought I would break him.

In my confusion I can confess there was no pretty or effort to look good by the new mother. Their medical aprons were open and no fuss as to try and cover things up. The exhaustion clearly painted on their faces couldn’t allow. Then hair, no one had a working hairdo. maybe a hair net  but they looked like they were from Hell’s kitchen. All that is best experienced so all I can urge men is buckle up and love them even in that morning cause you aint seen nothing yet.
I have always done theoretical driving in my life. Example being a father figure to Ethan (am so proud of me by the way). Enough of digressing, in most occasions I have been the perfect co-driver but never got a chance to be in the driver seat. Driving on video games, NFS carbon and most wanted, I can say I was ripe but it doesn’t compare when you actually have a speedometer and lives to take care of while in a car and you have the steering wheel to yourself.
 









After getting to see the bundle of joy and harsh reality in the hospital (maternity ward to be specific), one of my uncles calls me up, drunk he tells me he can’t get home in his condition so I have to take him home, soon as I get there he gives the keys and is stern that he doesn’t want them back. Being sober and smiling because of seeing Ethan, my uncle had sent a pal to pick me up, so I had caught on that he wasn’t okay. Smart thing I did, crash course to driving 101. Crammed all the movement while he was driving me to him, even caught on to the cut out. So my first test was to take him to a nearby ATM. Am thinking, money money money!!!!! Am no superman though, was breathing hard, GTA and Grand Turismo cannot prepare you enough that is for sure. Once I got the hang of it in 30 minutes or less (awesome driving movies by the way).
I dropped him home and took the car out all night. No good deed goes unpunished, my brother in arms (Robin Pik) has always been taking me out and he always drove. This time I relieved all his worry of driving us home and regulating his drinking and what not. Even had a chance to take him and some other friends to a new joint he had never been. But clearly if I got to learn how to drive with a drunk uncle directing in stammers, I clearly have a very dark future or a really bright one considering am really good at driving ( not entirely my opinion by the way). 
If worst came to worst I would have googled “How to drive”.
Considering the previous weekend my gangsta points went down after blacking out in the car in true the Safari 7z spirit, vivid flashes of my boy just looking down at me and giving me a cocky smile were still lingering in my head. It was a very serious matter coz you should understand me being a cool co-driver, I don’t blackout. It’s as serious as Barneys Stinson taking a bad photo.
Driving for the 1st time and driving my pals too was like getting my first sprout of pubic hair when in boarding school while guys had Moses burning bush down there, so emasculating I can tell you that first hand.
Since I had the car on Sunday, experience a bit if Carmagedon first hand with guys rush to and from church.
Another first was on a hopper it was playing wheezy songs infact a mix. A hopper people especially 24.  This is as bizarre as it gets. From the song Jone ft Ross, fire flame ft Birdman to hustle the remix. If you saw my face you would think am having muscle spasms on my face.
Lastly got to meet a lovely Angel like daughter to my friend namely Madaraka for the first time and their smiles just made my day.
Cheerz blogger!!!!!. hope you like the adjustments to those who read the blog via phone.

5 comments:

  1. I didnt know you had a sister?!
    But congratulations!
    Cant wait to see baby Ethan!
    Also, well done on the imprumtu driving skills-PROUD.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. tracy...if you know Frida and also Fossy big. consider them bother sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Fossy big not Frida.
    Do I know the uncle in question?
    I found that part a bit funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in high skul waaarr!!ha ha ha.
    drunk instructure..ha ha u need to google mre drvn tips.kudos

    ReplyDelete