Friday, 21 October 2011

Social beering


Drinking beer has begun to be a luxurious trait to me. Pricey places such as Karen establishments which I recently visited worked greatly on the new developed attitude (besides what was I expecting from Karen). Am now on the hard liquor campaign, since it is all about quantity and getting to cloud 9 efficiently. The prestigious country club members in movies are usually scotch drinkers. Straight up! In my case is to get straight up high.

Wouldn’t it beneficial to spend a 500bob between four people and just buy a full bottle (recently learn t there are establishments you can buy half the bottle) of Smirnoff and Red up your night rather than spend 800bob on 4 beers and start staring at guys with the full bottle of Smirnoff on their table and go like “dawn those guys are baked”.   
Hence the luxurious point of drinking beer.
Those on sobriety lifestyle have a considerably easy time although bottled water has become big business too. From Dasani to H2O and recently came across ‘KIU BASTA’. I tell you I can not make this shit up. If I was the sober type I would have a tough time, Kieringet seems to be water from the mountains (mountain of taps may be), Homeboyz a radio station have their own water so may be I can get a music buzz after drinking. Which would really be beneficial when am out if you think about it. Dasani have Coca Cola backing them up so decision decisions. Tough pick sober people.
Back to beer buying, from my inquiries there are places which accommodate those who are much better of in their wallets and earning tax payer money. They serve beer at 300 hundred. Really. I wonder if ‘Yokozuna’ was to be served at such a place how much would they inflate it to since from the stories I have heard, aside from making people blind, if you give a 20shilling coin you have grounds to ask for change. (How do they even count it because those guys who dink it either stagger home or are dead weight in a ditch. Would pocket change survive one or both of that or do they drink on tabs?)keeping in mind the drink is named after this guy.......
People in relationships have it even much harder or easier depending which side you looking from. Being a gentleman, I think it’s fair to take care of your woman. So when ever a couple goes out, the person wearing trousers (since the skirts and short shot are no place to keep money) would foot the bill.
I recently got insight that when in a relationship, you have to think in TWO’s. If I do this what will he-she say? If I drink this will WE have enough to get home and what not. The singles out there are all about the ‘I’ and give the rest of the vowels back- in Lil Wayne words. They don’t have the pressure of thinking about someone when they are out and as for the vowels, they use them while silver tonguing a prey.

I really think those in relationships are on a mature streak and I very much respect their decisions since it bears a lot of responsibility. Budgeting for one’s self is challenging enough so when it’s for TWO you can only imagine the headaches. Salute!!!!
The recession is something to factor in and I just have to pin point the elephant in the country, the shilling depreciating is scary. Having been to Uganda, their currency is really a headache just as Europeans finds our currency confusing now what will be the case.
Matatu fare hiking up because of fuel costs, those who ‘Jav’ know that when that happens they never go back down. Its protocol just as getting a degree in Kenya and probably someone will not get a job in the line of study.(congrats to ISC graduates and anyone else whose graduated this year).
It should be protocol though to follow the EABL campaign “Friends do not let friends drink and drive”, but in our case, if someone is your friend you should know their limit and have each others back. ‘Hangover’-style of drinking and getting messed is too teenager-ish for me I think. Drinking until I can’t remember what happened and puking am sorry but I don’t experiencing any fun in that may be laughing at a friend and taking tweet pics. The victim never enjoys (gag reflex thinking of someone aki Njoroge Mwaura)
On a lighter note, looking at each others back (not just ladies lower back) means watching the type of crowd they would be trying to have fun with. During the weekend did not have a companion but a teammate had a ‘girl- friend’ (notice the hyphen, not sure she was a girl). To be fair she had a missing tooth like Mahtma, shaggy unkempt hair if I go to the clothes it would be waste of writing space.
Witnessing that I came up with my own slogan, ‘Friends do not let friends drink and make flirting decisions alone’. I called him to the side while there wasn’t any explanation that would absolve the situation rather than being totally drunk. Shock on me, he did and would never have guessed it. Turns out they meet on 2go and it was their first meet. She had an attractive picture. (clearly not hers) I thought the app died years ago, and she was so excited throwing her self at him. Calling him ‘Hun’ and dancing all over him. I was scared for the guy.
So I would rather stick to luxurious beer drinking, meet people the old fashioned way than such a surprise.cheers!!!!
Good weekend bloggerz. Scodosh!!!!




1 comment: