All week I had been gearing up to go to Mr. & Miss USIU. It been a tradition from the time I got to compass life. It was bound to be different but I got an invitation so I was all accessorized with a date who will feature in the log, photo evidence is important. Other than an invite, I got a title to uphold (designated co-driver) because some lovely ladies were accompanying my date.With preparations, most crucial part is to compliment my date, which I take pride in, so swag had to be in check. Plus who am I kidding, every time I attend the event you either must be stunningly dressed up or be in a really good pair, couple (by the way what happened to the series coupling?). Down side though, I was balling on a budget, a tight one but I just had to be there (if I wasn’t would have had anything to blog about). Plus got to see a mentor fellow blogger with his lovely girlfriend/wifey. Quit a pair but din expect him to be that small. (once in a while all be bias and have a picture of myself bloggers because was looking dashing.)
So had this trendy hair cut (combination of trey songz-can’t get enough video hair cut, Sonnie Bill William-All blacks rugby player and Will Smith). Hehehe.
I can’t stress enough how a classy affair it usually is, I mean they invented uptown Thursday hence the pageant was held on a similar day. It’s also been a while since I got some TLC so I had to pull all the stops for this one and also compliment my lovely date. With all that unfortunately I found the pageant same all same all. Nothing new and it ran until almost the break of dawn. So that meant the usually partying at carnivore after the crowing wasn’t there. It was jam packed but whispers in the air (imagine I could hear conversations meaning very minimal music and dancing took place) anyway whisper all around was westie westie which was definitely not an option for me.
I actually found it really boring but I got to add names to my friends list, very hot ladies (don’t be fooled by the plural, it only like two). Crew love (referring to Drakes new jam too).
Since I started my weekend early and at a low, Saturday was sketchy with no solid plot. During the week, enough campaigning for my boy to clinch a title in the first ever Mr. & Miss Strathmore had been on course and it bared fruit thanks to all those who voted.I was to recycle my date but she pulled out so I hadn’t pulled all the stops as the earlier pageant. Swag was on the average, nothing much. Had even borrowed a jacket to keep warm thinking I would be cold with boredom.
We passed by some place called West Mall (a place where ‘mpango wa kando’ shady business can be done in harmony). Though the meat there walalala. It was my first time there.
Some past weekend had meet a lady named Fridah Precious, wasn’t the first time but it was the first time she noticed me. She strolled in a brownish stylish dress and heals (oh hadn’t planned it but I was also in brown coincidentally). She was by far the classiest baibe in the point and after a bit of a chat gathered she was heading to the same venue. Boldly asked her to be my date and I can assure you I haven’t had such fun in a while.(she is the one on the right but also asked Nuru(left) she refused).Before all that, Mr. & Miss Strathmore was off the hook. Apart from swaging it up, they just dint come to look hot but also feel hot and have fun. Venue was even out of this world had never been to Bomas of Kenya and after the night I was glad it was there.
Comparing the two occasions, Mr. & Miss Strathmore got points on a unique venue that hosted most if not everyone with an opportunity to see the pageants. Music was common, the separate dance floors aren’t a bad thing but dancing to common beats is so unifying. Then, on breaks while changing and stuff, at Mr. & Miss Strathmore had a live photo slide of the audience from the red carpet area to some of them seated around the dome shaped venue. While the Usiu pageant had photo of their contestants with some Uhuru park poses (I get why guys speed off to westie). Then as compared to carnivore, drinks at 230bob, Bomas drinks were at 150 bob and guys could come in with their own. Ample parking space because Strath guys have ride what!!!!
Keep in mind I was drinking a lot and had a date who occupied my time but I noticed all that.
Best part, people weren’t there to parade their new cloths or girlfriends while fencing off anyone else (referring to USIU uptight asses). They came to have fun and it made the event really successful.Get to show stuff done by the people for the people comes out awesome.
Strathmore photos in the blog are by Eshitera Akatsa(only guy in the following photos).
Cngrats to my boy for his 'Mr Farewell' win by the way and all those who voted.
Cheers bloggerz. Stay warm.









nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteare the girls here contestants ama ni audience? wah! seems like it was happening bruh
ReplyDeletei like n i look pretty :-)
ReplyDeletethere twicks on the commentn app bt am working on them js bear with me please. SEBBY
ReplyDeletethe were nt contestants. Js the crowd and Claude,why do u thnk i wantd so many photoz wid u*
ReplyDeletelove th haircut :)
ReplyDeletethanx....
ReplyDeletegood stuff right there.glad you enjoyed
ReplyDeleteI cld say alot bt imma keep it to me. Nyc blog. N sam chicks thea. Damn thea hot. Bt am strait
ReplyDeletehi sebby would really love to join u
ReplyDeletesebby dont believe you hated on usiu like that!what.....while we were..it rocked!i love your blog!
ReplyDelete