Thursday, 22 December 2011

Pezzaz Dining experience during the Merry Holidays


Pezzaz is like ummff just to clarify.The previous week due to unavoidable circumstances such as having deadlines on some take away exams and a project that saw me typing more than 30 pages I couldn’t put a post out. The computer screen was just unthinkable especially dealing with words. I apologize though but now am back.

Being a cheerful month and one that should be spent making merry during the Xmas time, posts would directly link to food. Honestly what brings people together effectively other than food and drink if you think about it? Like the adage “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”. My main motivation (not the song one and it been a while since I can relate to the lyrics-peaks of not having a wife/girlfriend to do the grown up with). Enough of the digressing, main drive to writing the post is because am losing weight and am guessing I have been doing a lot of thinking and neglecting my body. Though, its doing wonders to my physique such that I am fitting in them linen pants quite nicely(so I have been told it not like I go in front of the mirror and go like –bum pointing at the obvious area that the ladies would be appreciative). The down side I don’t have events such as the past blankets & wine (not my words but it has been referred to as blankets & whining because Muthoni-the drummer queen hogs the events with her music-not my words). The last blankets & wine held this past weekend at mamba village had Liquid Deep rocking the seen. The South African group has been rocking the air waves with music titled Alone,BBM. Really chilled out beats and lyrics just relates to our generation. Am sure it rocked.

Best news though its the holidays, those who can relax from school even if some of them are taking a break on the 23rd, its better than nothing. Those who are working through the Xmas period, sad but hustling be important.

Having experienced a bit of good living decided to share how one can have a fantabulous Xmas at a budget or making sure they end the year having had a memorable experience.

During December like I mentions earlier, eating is very essential. How better to enjoy it with some new food experiences at some joints that you may not think exist or are too pricey from the outside.

Problem with seemingly classy dinning places, the menu. Some of them have pages and pages of the Harry potter novel as a Menu. It can get intimidating especially when waiter is lingering over your shoulder making you feel insecure while he is breathing hot air as if trying to cook you up and serve you to your date. Experienced such an ordeal at Trattoria located in the CBD. Ambience of the place though specifically inside is just amazing, dimmed lights and a small crowd is just awesome. The down side though is you can’t scan the room and get a reference of what is good and advisable to order.

Tip, when you are in a restaurant and it’s relatively new, scan the room to see what other people are having and whatever you get to spot & seem good, ask and work from there. With and Italian restaurant such as Trattoria you could never go wrong with pasta and pizza.

In Westlands, a restaurant known as Forgo Gaucho is ran by Turkish entrepreneurs had some of the most memorable meat I have ever tasted. It’s the ideal place to have an office or family social meal where it caters best to large crowds. The appetizers to the main meal are all self service. I must admit I got lost and had a monster appetizer then a chef came to brief us on how varieties of meat would be coming around with some of the waiter. Service was at the table with cards marked red and green on either side, when the sizzling meat carried by the waiter came round, depending on the type of meat one was able to say yes or no using the red card meaning no and green yes. I ate so much meat when I got home I just slept to the tasteful experiences.

sample kuku from fogo gaucho
The other dinning mouth exciting jaw dropping experience is both Ethiopian and Somali cuisine. Both firey and unique, they offer a different taste from the normal. It is also reputed to having a social gathering and communal eating so family binding and experience, this would be best suited. Place like Habesha serve dishes such as injera-not Collo, Shekla (roasted meat on a ka small jiko), Shawarma among other many dishes.

Lastly the Mediterraneo located at the junction just past java. Over shadowed by java it is a restaurant that goes unnoticed and yet they have the best pizza that I have ever had. The chef can customize it to what ever specifications that one has in mind. Being a proper restaurant such that they serve appetizers, reservations and what not, it is relatively cheap and service there is just excellent. Usually has a small crowd and quit spacious with an upstairs setting.

Other places such as Dormans, I would recommend their toasted sandwiches which are different from the Uchumi power sandwich (though it's on it own level even with the hiked prices). I haven’t had an experiences at the ArtcafĂ© only a croissant but one at junction is quite spacious and seems to be full every time I pass by there though best reference, I would direct people to a friend of mine named June Gakii always updating her status while having work meetings there.

If I had job meeting in a restaurant i wouldnt be growing thin.  anyway you can go with hiring a chef such as Fiona Nakalungi...i trust her cooking.
l8r bloggerz and have a Merry Jolly Xmas.

2 comments:

  1. Very good read mate!At least nimepata ideas mbili tatu za maplace nitapeleka ngeos.hehe. Ndo napitia the rest of yo blogs. Quite entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure thing, enjoy the rest and glad you find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete