Friday, 27 January 2012

The Millennial Generation


I have started the year on a rather auspicious note considering I have been working on some of the “resolutions” that I made thus neglecting the blog a bit which I apologize.
globetrotter
The new year I enlighten you with a new vocabulary especially those of you who don’t watch CNN and Aljazeera. I do since am not yet a traveler or globetrotter as j cole says, I depend on such sources to highlight me other than movies. Though side note I got the epiphany to educate all of you while taking a dump. Unlike most of you who get business ideas and for the younger generation tweet and Facebook ideas on the Can I get blogging ones. I haven’t gotten the "singing in the shower bit" down because where I stay rationing (thanx global warming for robbing me an opportunity to be in idols).

Bringing me to the topic at hand, Millennial is the term that most of you reading this post fall in.. its what our generation has been labeled by the early man to dot.com generation. Referencing one of he most important sources of our generation “Wikipedia” Generation Y, also known as the Millennial Generation (or Millennials), Generation Next, Net Generation Echo Boomers,, describes the demographic cohort following Generation X. ( I so hope plagiarism doesn’t apply to the blogsphere ) it continues………… While there is no universally agreed upon time frame, the term generally includes people born in the late 1980s, early to middle 1990s, or as late as the early 2000s. One segment of this age-group is often called the “eighties babies” generation (I fall here but almost missed it), in reference to the fact that they were born between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989. Members of this generation are called Echo Boomers, due to the significant increase in birth rates through the 1980s and into the 1990s, and because many of them are children of baby boomers.
It begs to question with such a deteriorating economy world wide, Aids/HIV and what not, why would there be a baby boom unless (smart thinking) entertainment has been just having coitus. Considering though super computers can be easily purchased, phones that have a bigger RAM processor than my 10year old desk top (emphasis on how fast technological advancement is taking root and don’t judge my archaic machine), Ipad and tablets, 3D experiences while watching movies (there is actually 4D imagine were you can get a smelling experience), social networks……………when do people get the time to create a baby boom situation.
Millenials in my opinion has been characterized by change in preference for music from crack to dubstep,house/trance, riddims( recent favorite-heart & soul riddim and bubblegum riddim) to a recently learned term called “lost skul music” and inventions of new genres of music for example Kwaito,
 videos in HD (furi furi dance and I think the niggah got to much lip bum for a straight guy in that video-Jimmy Gait) .
  
 PVR saving,new technology such as T.V's for example OLED Organic light emitting diode a new TV technology, 4mm it is slim enough to slice open an abdomen if mishandled online gaming with Play Station 3, something called a Wii, oppressed people massing up and airing their voices against tyrannical governments (at least from what the media conveys the information) example the Egypt, Syria and for some reason they are all Islamic countries. Souring oil prices and going green campaigns, it’s like efforts are being cancelled out to save mother earth (heat wave we are have been experiencing and just the past year drought and the Sahara desert keeps growing while polar ice is melting down). In this era mostly its talk about rolling out electric cars and hybrids that are still SUV’s that guzzle up fuel and the entire junk fume emitting throw always are dumped to African countries.
More cars from the developed countries and more and more younger people are the ones who own them. People are more moved by the use of herbal remedies on everything from soup to even toothpaste, which wouldn't be the case if people were not depleting the earth’s natural resources for artificial machinery building and roads.
Don’t get me wrong am into some unearthly entertainment such as vampires, werewolves, succubus, and witches and now recently my favorites Robots Cc. Transformers the trilogy and Reel Steel. The supernatural and mythical creatures I would suggest the Gates and Supernatural which leans on the realm of good and evil to the very edge by scripting on God and the Devil.(Dean & Sam). 
 








 Referencing Wikipedia- Millennial generation in most parts of the world its upbringing marked by an increase in a neoliberal approach to politics and economics; the effects of this environment are disputed.
#Funfact: people born in 1994-1999 have lived in three decades, two centuries, two millenniums……..and they are not even 18 yet. Cheers blogshpere.

No comments:

Post a Comment