![]() |
| landed on my ass-at least that how it felt |
I learnt that you can never really know the pain of getting a car accident until you own your car. in a sense you have to really experience or own something in order to know the pains or really relate with others about a situation.So the past week I landed an interview,was actually my second one but the first one was as informal as an interview can get. At nakumatt food court( lucky enough it wasn't a practical one, I wasn't interviewing to be a waiter but at the moment I think anything goes- clearly I didn't stick the landing on that job-hunt spoiler alert).
The second interview was at the offices which were located in industrial area ( never been there so it was a discovery of a trip.) Meanwhile the holidays have been long so waking up has been mid-something unless- on hustle or maybe gym but otherwise mid-morning to midday).
This particular morning waking up at 6:00, when the alarm went off I was dreaming that am dreaming about an alarm. Yes after automatically hitting snooze a few times (5 time- hides in shame). Then my ring tone goes off and my mum calls me from the other room.
So I wake up at least I had the clothes prepared the previous night. I freshen up leave the house in the cold morning. Understand even while in university I had it easy considering I only used one bus to commute to school at most two when I was really late and always against traffic.
So when I got to the stage and found most buses full, all I could do was curse. Mark timed for a long while in the cold then when a bus finally stopped, without negotiations the taut alighted stating its 80bob to town. ( never paid that from or to my place ever and I don't stay in rongai). Then listening to the traffic update, by g-money I get an epiphany that they are actually important & people really make use of them on an almost daily basis. plus this days there are even flight schedule updates. I can only imagine of getting to that type of level for now.
When got to town, foot traffic was even worse( would help to update guys on which street to avoid walking but making a guess the whole other side of moi avenue is always too full). I think Kenya should be a 24hr economy soon. By this time am doing really good on time but then I gather that to get to my interview destination I had to take some two other buses.
After an uninteresting journey I get to the interview early 30 minutes & just when I thought I was a syn ch to getting the job, 30 minutes later a chic came, another interviewee.
Seated in a tea room next to a conference room with thin walls, trying to eaves drop, paranoia was eating at us for a staggering 3 hours imagine. I have never found so much use of twitter like that day.
When we were finally called in, by the bauss I presume, two three questions and the only one that mattered is whether I had my degree. When I said no, he didn't even hear the not yet part the 3hour wait was reduced to a 2minute interview. Not exaggerating blogsphere. Though I was given the speech that they will call me later. I haven't really been holding my breath but if I would have gotten the job, I already had so much planned but unfortunately am still very much on the broke side of life doing side business which are really really on the go slow.
Though wont be giving up and plans are still in motion. So blogsphere, hustle hustle hard and stay scheming.
![]() |
| still gatta love our city. |


No comments:
Post a Comment