Monday, 20 January 2014

Marriage in a Nutshell

The series continues ......readers discretion adviced. The recent series have been drafted at an earlier stage. Miatch post alert.
Dreams are balling like a sparling,(the actual basketball) there's ups & downs but hopefully eventually there'll be a dunk. Draft thoughts....money is the universal language.
A month in & still staying as a guest in a foreign country. It didn't seem like it would be hard. The most challenge I thought I would be facing was setting myself up, a new beginning but I hadn't learnt from experience. Even if not from my own experience, I have friends,of the opposite gender whose had roommates in multiples & most of their relationships as friends didn't end well CC Waithera.
Here I thought it was just a girl thing but now, oh how wrong was I. Indifferences between people is real people. The worst part is having to see the same person day in day out. Especially waking up & seeing their face every morning. Its the first thing you have to see everyday. ( smh). This journey would be more smoother if it was someone I could be amicable with...to be honest I might be the guy with the problem & selfish. Unfortunately this is the only space that's mine & hell, I can vent & bitch as much as I like,judge me or not. Miatch posts.
A past Sunday I found myself alone in the house,I didn't even want to go explore the country or the town which I barely know, just enjoyed the self ambience and freedom of my thoughts not being interputted or scramming for the remote,just to watch music channels - get this he  didn't like hiphop, he'd rather listen to classical stuff not even lingala, & it's just not one time, its all the time.
When we are dibz on the remote, the rare occassions he wins, he would rather watch wrestling, imagine. (Gasket blowing)
I have had a good childhood, wrestling was a phase, back then it was row & so manly, now guys come pour their hearts out, f*#k. Most part of the time they are talking, correct me if am wrong but its like a telemundo ongoing series.
It's funny,at work on the grind to make a future, it feels like we are being exploited, long working hours, standing most part of the day if not all day, waking up early & what not, but that doesn't get to me like the guy.
We can't even meet half way on a drink or two because he doesn't drink...in my opinion he feels like he's better than the rest & his word or opinion is absolute. Atleast silver lining, the bar any bar, ( beers are like 100something in a good bar, he'll there's a place selling beers at 85bob Kenyan & its not even the barracks.)
I stray abit but the silver lining would be the bar is my total space, no chance of bumping into him or something ...I actually enjoy my own company & the relaxation that comes with it,loosing myself in thought, music & alcohol. Plus rugby, & the mates are usually universal and speak the same language of the game & alcohol.
Whoosh, I think I just summariesed a marriage, am I experiencing one without all the perks......dawn. talk about self realization.
Cheers blogosphere.  Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment